Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Shilpa Shetty Diwali Celebration without Burning crackers


Since past few years, Shilpa Shetty is against burning crackers for Diwali.

Interestingly, it's not just for the environmental reasons. She used to enjoy the activity as a kid, now refrains herself from doing so.

"I used to burst crackers but then as I grew up; I used to feel terrible about underprivileged kids not being able to indulge in the activity as crackers have always been expensive. My father used to say, burning crackers is burning money. I then decided to share my crackers with these kids. However, after finishing school I stopped buying crackers as it is also an environmental hazard. I now distribute food and sweets to poor children during the occasion. Its unfair that they see everyone around wearing new clothes, having a great time while they continue to wonder why are they an exception!"

“Diwali is all about spreading happiness after all... well”

No comments: