Saturday, September 17, 2011

Shilpa Shetty The Desire Movie Role 2011


For Bollywood Upcoming “The Desire” Movie, Shilpa Shetty has most interesting role of her career.  

“Raj liked my look and also appreciated it. He said that I have never looked as beautiful as I am looking in the movie. It’s definitely a compliment to cherish.”

“I would call Desire, a love story and my character- Gautami, lives her life on her own terms. Her desire is to learn dance, so I will be seen in traditional wear.”

"I have never portrayed a role like this. I liked the script. Considering the fact that dancing has always been my forte I got a role where dancing is an integral part of the film. So I enjoyed doing this part. Normally what happens is that you do a film where they force a dance number in. I got to try a different dance form, Odissi. So I learnt it. I got to work with a foremost Chinese actor that was again a different experience."

"Here we are projecting two forms of art, Chinese paintings and Odissi dancing - the two rich cultural heritages and the amalgamation of these."

"I am really happy that it has done well at the festival circuit; people loved it. It won an award at the Geneva Film Festival. The most important thing is that mommy came in to support the film."

No comments: